Saturday 31 January 2015

January Favourites


January has been a big month and whittling down my favourite to a mere ten was actually quite difficult. Usually I struggle to find five! I've got a bit of everything because, you know, variety is the spice of life. 

The Balm Mary Lou-Maniser 
I've already written about this highlighter in a post of it's own (see that HERE) so I won't say too much. Only that it is the best highlighter I have ever used because it's just so pretty. 

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Exposed 
Another product that has had a Review Friday dedicated specifically to it, only yesterday actually (see it HERE). This is the perfect blush for any makeup look and a new daily staple of mine. 

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde 
This product has a bit of a learning curve to it because it is so precise. I can draw my brows in so well that sometimes I take it a bit far and end up making them too thick. Think less Cara Delevingne and more drag queen. I'm loving the addition of the spoolie on the end because I had never known the wonder of using one before and the colour is not red in the slightest, perfect for blonde brows. I'm still trying to perfect my use of this but I'm still loving it. 

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Fig
I've spoken about this product a good couple of times now so I won't rehash it too much. It is a nice light lipstick that is very comfortable on the lips. The colour is on the darker side of nude, which I'm really liking at the moment. Don't let the name put you off, it's not at all purple in shade. I feel as though I've been talking about a lot of new all time favourites in this post but I'm going to have to say it again because this really is my new all time favourite lipstick. 

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella 
This came as a part of a gift set I was lucky enough to receive for Christmas and it is the stand out shade. It is a deep matte red, which I find to look the best with my skintone. Being as pale as I am, the deeper reds can give the the snow white vibes whereas the more true fire engine reds just make me look ill most of the time. The formula is a bit drying but that is to be expected with matte formulas so I don't hold it against the product. I find the pencil form really easy to use because it can be both a liner and a lipstick, though it is kind of annoying that they have to be sharpened because I watch the product disappear before my eyes. Overall, it's a great bright lip option. 

Lush Santa's Lip Scrub
This product was covered thoroughly in THIS post so I shall keep it brief. There's not actually that much to say because it is just very good at doing that it says on the tin. It is a fine sugar scrub that really rids my lips of any dry patches, something I've been having quite a lot lately. 

Cotton On Kimono 
Way back in THIS post I mentioned how I wanted to try getting to kimonos and all of this time later I finally picked one up. I just love the way this looks on, it's so flowy and comfortable yet still stylish. That's my favourite type of clothes. It's the perfect thing to wear when you want to be covered up a little bit but it's too warm for a cardigan or jacket. It comes in surprisingly useful in these temperamental Aussie summers. 

Washy Tape
I've seen this stuff around the internet for ages now (any Essie Button fans feel me?) but I never bothered to get any because I couldn't see any use for it, until now. I'm using it to help decorate and organise my diary this year. I use different colours of tape to represent different types of events and I find it is working perfectly. The floral one represents blog posts, the lace birthdays, the purple zig zag important school events. I find it to be more eye catching than simple pen, so I will always remember when I have something important to do. I don't know what I would do without this stuff anymore, there's so many uses! 

Bondi Chai
This stuff is so amazing if I could drink it all day everyday I would. It's basically a way to make cafe level chai lattes at home. For months I've been struggling with actual chai tea and it has not been working out well, every time it ends up tasting kind of gross. Then one day at work I saw these little sachets sitting on the counter and I knew all of my problems were sold. After sending my mother on a wild goose chase to find it (she managed to score the last box!), I instantly fell in love. I've even found out how to froth my own milk and made myself some cinnamon sugar for dusting on the top. Real profesh, I know. 

Bose Around Ear Headphones in Mint
These aren't pictured because I had them on while I was taking the photo and I totally forgot to include them. I've wanted these for ages now but I never could justify the price tag. Thanks to come generous gift cards for Christmas (shout out to Dad and Buba), I finally got them on my hot little hands. They're so comfortable on the ears, unlike ear phones which will give me an earache after prolonged use. The sound quality is also really good, sometimes you feel like you're at an actual concert if you turn it up loud enough. 

Well wasn't that post full of love, links and laughs. Oh, you didn't laugh? It was just for alliteration purposes anyway. Let's hope February is filled with as much good stuff as January was! 

What was your January favourite? I would love to hear. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi Shannon, just discovered your blog and I really love it!

    I love a load of these: washy tape is so much fun! x

    naomiupton.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Washy tape is really the best xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig