Wednesday 21 January 2015

Lusting for Lush



When Lush had their big sale on Boxing Day, it was impossible to resist. There has been a few of their products that I'd been lusting after for ages and it seems as though a lot of people had the same idea as me because by the time I got home to my bank card, a lot of the products were sold out. I went on with the hopes of getting Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, Mint Julips Lip Scrub and some Fun just for the sake of it. I ended up being unable to get the first two so I got the Santa's Lip Scrub instead. The mailing of these products took a very long time. Roughly 10 days for express shipping. I was a bit angry about it at the time but I've quickly forgiven them because I know they had a lot of their plate. 

Yellow Fun 
It certainly lives up to his name because it's the most fun soap I've ever used. It is basically play dough that has the added bonus of being able to clean your body. It's surprisingly good as a modelling clay as it doesn't break apart or melt too easily. It's when you add water that this moves from a creative thing to a beauty product. Lush claims that it can be used as a shampoo but I can't say I've put that to use. I have used it as a soap and I enjoy it very much. Reviewing soap is hard because all you can really say is that it makes you clean, which this in fact does. The scent is a nice warm sweet smell, it kind of smells like baking which is always nice. I'm not usually one for a block of soap and this falls under the same category. I don't find it as convenient as a liquid soap but it's nice for a special use once in a while. 

Santa's Lip Scrub
As I said I was looking to get the Mint Julips scent because I'm not the biggest fan of cola scented/flavoured things. I love drinking cola but anything deriving from that isn't usually my jam. That is a minor flaw in an otherwise fantastic product. I just love lip scrubs because you can see an instant change in dry and flaky lips upon use. I just rub it onto my lips while I'm using my cleansing oil in the evening (when I feel it is needed) and then wipe it off with a face washer. This means I don't have to taste it too much and I feel as though the little bit of oil just makes my lips more moisturised while I'm at it. This stuff is the best and when I'm finished it I will be rushing out to pick up the mint scent. 

This is one of my first forays into Lush and I would love to hear about any products that you think I should try. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig