Tuesday 6 January 2015

Light Bases For Busy Women


This post was originally titled 'Light Summer Bases' but I realised that would put off a lot of you northern hemisphere readers because, spoiler, it's not summer there. Plus, I wear light bases any time of the year! There are three options that I have given a good go and now I'm going to share the benefits of each with you. 

Nars Tinted Moisturiser in Finland 
As the most expensive of the group, I'm going to give this tinted moisturiser credit for being almost double the size of the next two products. This is a great product to chuck on when you're not looking for a crazy amount of coverage and a quick application. It does feel like a light moisturiser when applied but it does give a decent amount of coverage, by far enough to even out the skin tone. The shade Finland is the lightest Nars offers and it is actually pretty good for my skin, surprisingly. It does skew slightly towards a yellow tone but it is easily covered up with some bronzer and other makeup items. It has quite a dewy finish and leaves the skin feeling hydrated, all up wearing it is a very pleasant experience as far as covering your face in a coloured liquid goes. 

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream 
I have actually reviewed this product before, way back in the day, so you can check that out HERE. I would say this is my favourite of the three for multiple reasons. It has the highest coverage while still feeling nice and light. It is by no means a full coverage product but it does a good job at smoothing over any redness or issues with the skin. The colour is also the best because it is the most neutral in tone, it is still ever so dark for me in the winter (I'm very very pale) but it is a perfect match during the summer. The only fault I can find with this doesn't lay in the product, instead it is with the packaging. Because the formula is so light it just seeps out the end when you open the lid of the tube, it often makes a bit of a mess. The lightweight formula also makes it perfect to apply with the fingers for a lighter coverage or it also works well when applied with a brush, which is my favourite form of application. 

Almay Smart Shade CC Cream 
As my least favourite of the three, this is actually still an okay product. The real issue is that it broke me out, something I didn't realise until I wore it for a good few weeks. The CC cream has a nice light coverage and a medium kind of texture when squeezed out of the tube. I prefer to apply this with my hands as I find it can be a bit streaky if I apply it with a brush. The other issue with it is that it can oxidise a little bit on the fact throughout the day. It is not the worst oxidisation I've ever experienced but it is noticeable when compared to the Bourjois and Nars offerings above. All in all I think there are better on the market, though my top two points for this are the packaging (it's, like, super practical) and the fact that it also comes in a nice light shade. 

So they are the three light bases I have tried recently! I also love using a good proper foundation but these are perfect for lazy days or when my skin is looking particularly good. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig