Friday 16 January 2015

A Very Luxurious Lip Gloss



For Christmas I was lucky enough to be gifted this gorgeous Chanel Lipgloss in the shade Extase from my Nan for Christmas. I know these are a relatively new (probably a few months now) to the line and I haven't heard too much about them so I thought I'd review it for you because it is Friday review time after all. 

Let's address the elephant in the room (get it?! Because Dumbo is in the pictures?! Classic), the packaging. It's just so damn gorgeous. It is pretty much the same as the packaging on my lipstick that I own only about 50% longer and ever so slightly smaller in diameter. It has the amazing gold end that you push down and it pops out so that you can pull out the brush. I could be entertained all day just playing with the packaging before even paying any attention to the actual gloss. I really like the applicator for this gloss too, it's a doe foot applicator that is the perfect size so slick the gloss over the lips easily without fuss. It also applies a good amount of the product so that you don't need to keep dipping it back into the tube but you don't apply too much either. 

The colour is a really gorgeous pink that I chose specifically to match my Chanel lipstick because I'm THAT girl. I would say it sits right in between a nude pink and a super vibrant hot pink. It certainly adds a pop of colour but it isn't too in your face. This would be a perfect everyday colour because it doesn't overpower the face, it just brightens everything up a bit. 

Nothing stands out about the formula really. I don't say this in a bad way, I just mean that there is nothing astoundingly bad and there is nothing astoundingly different and good. It is certainly a good formula of lipgloss, the pigmentation is fab and it isn't too sticky. It sticks around for a while on the lips, though if you eat or drink you will have to re-apply. It doesn't feel moisturising as much as it feels soft on the lips. This is different to the likes of the Maybelline The Elixir which (probably doesn't actually do it) actually feels like it does some form of moisturisation. This doesn't bother me as I don't find it to be a necessary part of a lipgloss but I thought it should be brought up just in case. 

I really like this lipgloss and actually should be wearing it more, I'm just spoilt for choices in terms of beauty products at the moment! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig