Monday 19 January 2015

A Subtle Bit of Blue



Hear me out on this one. We know that I'm not the most daring person when it comes to makeup, neutrals are definitely my babe, but even I've found a way to incorporate some colour into my look. This often comes in the form of some blue accents so I'm going to share how I do them with you all today. 

A Really Dark Blue Liner
This comes in the form of Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in Midnight, which as the name suggests is a midnight blue colour. It looks black from a distance but then up close it makes the look just a bit more interesting. It's not the sort of colour that does wonders for your eye colour because it is so dark but it looks great nevertheless. I usually wear this on it's own with just mascara, though I do sometimes add a shimmery champagne colour over the lid as well when I'm feeling super fancy. This is one of the easiest and most subtle ways to add some blue into your eye look, just replace a black liner with a navy one. 

Different Uses For A Eye Crayon 
Obviously the most common use for the Australis Cray for Colour Eyes in Beating The Blues is to cover the entire eyelid with it. I'm sure this can look really nice but it's not my preferred way because I'm not into that vibrant look. Instead I add just a hint of the colour. You can use this on your lash line as a liner, which looks really pretty. Or if you're too scared for even that, you can put the blue eye crayon on your lash line and blend it out a bit. Then over the top of that add a normal black liquid liner (or you could use the Midnight one!) so that there is only a hint of the blue showing above the black. It is such a nice look that I really do suggest trying, it works well with other colours too. Even a bronze colour looks very nice in this form. 

A Blue/Silver Eyeshadow
I picked up this MAC Mineralise Eyeshadow in Water and Ice on a whim at the airport and then instantly questioned how exactly I would wear it. It's so beautiful that I needed to own it but I'm not daring enough to cover my eyelid in it. Instead I find it works as a inner corner highlight perfectly because it is such a brightening silver shade, the blue only hints through. I love this as a highlight when I wear my other blue looks or when I'm just wearing a plain light colour on the lids. This is also very nice on the lower lash line to make everything look more awake and bright. 

These are actually totally wearable aren't they? I bet you regret doubting me now! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig