Saturday 28 June 2014

June Favourites


Another month has come and gone! I can't believe that we're getting through this year so quickly, it's kind of frightening. This month I have a good array of favourites for you; makeup, nails, skincare, music and movies have all found a spot on the list. 



Rimmel Eyeshadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige 
This wasn't a new purchase this month but I've been wearing it a lot more and am really loving it. I use this as a simple wash of colour over the eyelid for more simple days or I can use it as a base for other eyeshadows to build off of. It doesn't crease and it doesn't disappear, so it's perfect for a long wearing eye look. 



Milani Baked Blus in Dolce Pink
I'm not usually one for blush but I've been trying to get into it lately so that I can liven up my often dead looking complexion. This blush is good because it's not too colourful and is therefore hard to stuff up. That's what has always frightened me about blush, that I would end up looking like a clown. It has quite a lot of shimmer in it, which I don't mind most of the time, but it is something to watch out for. 


Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in Temptress
This is a beautiful deep pink shade, which is the perfect pink for winter. It is still bright so that you feel cheerful when you look at it but it is no where near neon or pastel (both of which are associated with the warmer months). The formula of this is really good, I wore it with a top coat for just over a week. There was very minimal chipping in the first couple of days, which made me doubt the formula, but then it did not chip any further. 


The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil 
I'm running out of my Clinique makeup remover so I decided to try this. The girl in the shop described it as 'gentle acid' because it removes everything so easily. Don't let that description put you off because it's fantastic and gentle on the skin. I have quite sensitive skin and eyes and it doesn't burn my eyes or leave my skin red and blotchy. I just massage it in and rinse off and any trace of makeup is gone. 


Ed Sheeran's Album X
I'm a big Ed Sheeran fan so I was understandably excited when he brought out his newest album a few days ago. Off the top of my head I can't think of one song I do not like on the album. It's a good mix of his slower songs, his version of rap songs and some more upbeat stuff. My favourites right now are probably 'Don't', 'Take It Back' and 'All of the Stars' from the Fault in Our Stars. Oh great segue! 

The Fault in Our Stars 
This is one of my favourite books ever, I read it when it first came out and it got me into John Green and his books. I heard great things before the movie came out, which eased my fears that it would ruin an awesome book. My friend and I went on a day off school, armed with tissues, and loved it. It's a really beautiful movie that is very true to the book. I definitely needed the tissues but I am proud to say that I didn't sob like some of the people in the theatre. 


5 Seconds of Summer's Album  
Though I like their music, I'm not a screaming fainting chase them down the street kind of 5SOS fan. Just to clear things up. Their new album dropped (Haha pun. Because dropout is written on the picture? I'm really not funny.) the other day and I really like it. It's very different to Ed Sheeran's as it is more fun and rocky. I think my favourites are 'Good Girls', 'Don't Stop' and '18' at the moment, but that could all change by tomorrow. 

I always realise I've forgotten something one I finish these posts, but I think that just about sums up my month of June. Now onto July, which will be a good one because I've been feeling spendy. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have that Rimmel Nail polish in a burgundy colour - lasted two weeks before I took it off cause of the regrowth! Only the tiniest little chips! And those music recommendations - A+ ;) Bought them both in the last few days and haven't listened to anything else!

    Tasha | A Winter Daze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only took the nail polish off because I got bored, now that's a sign of a good polish. I've actually been looking for a burgundy one so I might have to check that out :) I've got a playlist on my phone with just those two albums on shuffle and I don't think I'll be changing anytime soon!

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig