Saturday 7 June 2014

Lip Product Addict Tag


I know that I shouldn't do two tags in a row, but the Disney one was largely unplanned. This one, on the other hand, is a part of a perfectly orchestrated plan. Ladies and gentlemen (assuming the only gentleman reading this is my Dad...) welcome to Lip Week here on Lots of Love, Shannon. 

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BALM/ TREATMENT? 


I've talked about this before so I wont go on and on. This Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment is just the best balm ever, it's one of those multi purpose ones that can bring you back from the dead but I use it only on my lips and it works wonders. 

BEST EYE CATCHING RED? 


I'm not that much of a red lipstick kinda person. Being a 16 year old who stays home most of the time, I don't often find a chance to wear it. That being said I picked up this L'Oreal Colour Riche Moisture Matte Lipstick in Flaming Kiss (I originally wanted the darker red, Bloody Mary, but it was all sold out) the other day and it's really beautiful. It's a super bright fire engine red that's definitely eye catching. The formula of this is also great, matte but not so matte that it dries out your lips and leaves them feeling gross. 

BEST LUXURY? 



Chanel Lipsticks all the way baby. The packaging is gorgeous, the formulation is amazing (especially of the Rouge Coco Shine ones) and they make you feel so fancy. The one on the left is Rouge Coco Shine in Candelir and it's actually my Mums but the colour is so nice that I'm going to have to pick it up for myself in the near future. The one on the right is my own and it is Rouge Allure in Surprenante. 

BEST DRUGSTORE? 


Revlon win this one hands down. As you can see I really enjoy their Colorburst Lip Butters I have them in the shades (from left to right) Sugar Frosting, Strawberry Shortcake, Lollipop, Tutti Fruitti and Candy Apple. They also make lots of other good lip products that are worth checking out. Rimmel is also really good in the lip department but I own a LOT of Revlon. 

FAVOURITE MAC LIPSTICK? 


You will be hearing more about this lipstick this week but my favourite MAC Lipstick is Creme Cup. It's a really pretty pinky nude and quite frankly the only one I own. I do have a list of other MAC Lipsticks I'm eager to try though. 

MOST DISAPPOINTING? 


This double ended Michael Kors number really disappointed me. I'm not even sure where I got it but the lip gloss is really sticky and it smells awful. There's not much pigmentation so it comes off as more of a clear gloss rather than the pretty nude you would think. On top of all that the roller ball of perfume on the other end doesn't smell very nice either. I'm really sad that such a nice brand put out such a crappy product. 

LINER - YES OR NO? 

No thank you. I'm not a liner kind of girl. 

BEST LIPGLOSS? 


I've spoken about these before but I really do love Maybelline The Elixir glosses. They smell yummy, aren't too sticky, have great pigmentation and I love the packaging. Basically they're everything the Michael Kors one is not. 

SOMETHING EXTRA? 


I know I spoke about the Revlon products before but I wanted to especially highlight these chubby stick kinda things. The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Lovesick and the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in both Unapologetic and Shameless. They're just the perfect bright lips to throw in your handbag and go because they're not too drying and the way they're designed makes them so easy to apply. I really want to try a similar thing from a different brand and also a more nude colour, that's how much I like these. 

As you may have noticed I really like lip products and I keep finding more and more I want to buy. It's probably a bit of a problem if I'm being honest. What's your favourite lip product? Give me some more things to add to my list in the comments. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig