Thursday 12 June 2014

The Battle of the Nude Glosses


There are two go-to nude/slightly pink but still lip coloured lipglosses in my collection. I love them both but for the purposes of this post they are going to have to battle it out.



First up in the ring is the Nyx Butter Gloss in Eclair This was the first of the two glosses that I tried and it quickly became a favourite. The packaging is a little bit cheap, I prefer something with a little more weight to it, but it is not too bad. The applicator is also decent. What makes this product so amazing is the formula, it's really creamy and moisturising while still glossy. It doesn't leave my lips feeling sticky and my hair doesn't get stuck in it as easily as other glosses. 



I've spoken about this Maybelline The Elixir in Petal Plush so much lately but I think it deserves even more praise. The formula is nice and not at all sticky, which is the main thing I look for in a gloss. It actually has teeny tiny bits of glitter in it, as opposed to the Nyx one that does not. I think this makes the gloss really pretty because the glitter is not noticeable but it reflects lots of light. The packaging is gorgeous and the applicator works really well. 

THE FINAL ROUND - 

I'm going to make my choice in a few different categories and then announce my overall winner. 

Colour: Maybelline 

Packaging: Maybelline 

Applicator: Maybelline 

Formula: Nyx 

I think the winner is clear, as much as I love the butter glosses, the Maybelline The Elixir gloss wins out. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig