Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Pink Lip


I really love to wear bright pink lipstick. It's the one crazy thing I do with my makeup, if it can be considered crazy, and I love the way it looks so much. I tend to be pretty plain in my outfit choices, so adding a bright lip will often be the standout of my look. Here are some of my favourites: 

THE GLOSS



This Maybelline The Elixir in Fuchsia Flourish has the pigmentation of a good lipstick but it is still moisturising and glossy. It's a really nice entry into the world of pink lips because though it is really bright it is also a gloss. I feel as though glosses wear off quicker so you don't have to be as committed and you can get away with a bright shade easier in gloss form. I don't know maybe that's just my own opinion.

THE SUBTLE STAIN



I adore this Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick Passionee You can see how beautiful it is on the lips, it has a slight sheen but it stays in place for yonks. The packaging makes it so easy to apply, I can even touch it up without a mirror and not end up looking like a clown.

THE MOISTURISING ONE



Ah yet another Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter. What can I say? They're my favourite. This time the praise is going to Lollipop It's quite pigmented but it is creamy so it can be applied full on (as it is in the picture above) or you can be a little more subtle. This is the perfect in between a gloss and a more matte lipstick, it's got teeny tiny flecks of shimmer that I never even noticed until taking these pictures. This is just the bomb. 

THE MOST VIBRANT THING EVER




Excuse my shotty application, this was the last swatch I did and by this point my lips were hurting a little and I was over applying lip products. That's one way to turn me off buying more lipstick. This Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic is seriously in your face. It's definitely not for the faint of heart. I really like it though and I feel it is a great way to spruce up an otherwise boring outfit. This formula goes on quite glossy like you see here but after a while it dries down and it is so hard to remove! Thats a good thing for long nights out but when you're doing a harmless swatch it can get on your nerves. 

Here are my top four bright pink lip products. What's your favourite? I'm always looking for the next best thing! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig