Thursday 5 June 2014

The Nail Polish Of The Moment


I've been having one of those days. You know the ones where you run the vacuum into your feet really hard, have a huge red pimple on the end of your nose and bite your own finger while eating a french fry? One of those. The thing that has gotten me through it, other than the french fries, is looking at my gorgeous nails. 

The Formula X For Sephora range has been pretty hyped around the blogging/youtube parts but for once I didn't give into to the hype. I stayed well away from the nail polishes while in Sephora because I was already spending enough of my money on EVERYTHING ELSE. My Mum, on the other hand, is a bit of a nail polish junkie and I'm really lucky she picked this up and lets me use it. Thanks Mummy. 




I'm sorry that my hands are so pale and bruised looking, no matter what I do it's all in the genetics. 


The Formula X For Sephora range in general is amazing: cute packaging, nice colours and awesome staying power. I applied one coat of this on Sunday and it was completely opaque and less than five minutes later I was getting back to my everyday tasks. By Thursday the tips were starting to chip and it was looking a little ragged so I've taken it off and applied a proper two coats and a top coat, I have no doubt this will last me a week. The fact that it is opaque so quickly and easily is a big tick in my book, I don't like having to wait around. The only thing that doesn't astound me about this polish is the brush, it's just a bit meh, it's not super wide so it doesn't do much for me. Not that I'm complaining. 

We have a few different shades but my favourite by far is this shade Reckless. It's a really gorgeous blue with grey and purple undertones (is this colour periwinkle or am I making that up?). It's really unique and it works with every season. The fact that it's blue and kind of pastel makes it great for warmer months but the grey undertones bring it back and make it totally suitable for the chillier months too. This stuff is perfect! 

I'll post an update on the staying power of the full-on coats over on my Twitter, so make sure you're following me for that riveting piece of information. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig