Tuesday 7 October 2014

Battle of the Favourite Polishes


It has been a while since I've done a post solely dedicated to my favourite nail shades, so I figured I would just have to incorporate one into battles week. Above you see my top five nail polishes of the moment. Sure, there are similarities in colour and formula but one of those polishes will rise to the top of the heap and win this mighty battle. First, lets sum each of them up. 

Essie Russian Roulette 
This is the most classic colour of the bunch. A bright red that is one or two shades darker than fire engine red but still very much of that vein. I love wearing this with a monochrome outfit to make me feel all badass and cool, it also works just as well giving a garden dress some Hollywood glamour. That may not make any sense to you but I understand exactly what I mean. This is one of those shades that also looks fabulous on the toes. 

Rimmel Salon Pro in Punk Rock
As I said in my last nail round up (Read it HERE), I suck at keeping my polish seasonally appropriate. This is a really interesting colour that I had my eye on for ages before I bit the bullet and picked it up. Did I really need another nail polish? Absolutely not. Erring on the side of blue, it is a deep blue-grey that varies in intensity and shade depending on what light you're in. Sometimes it looks black, blue or grey. 

Revlon Nail Enamel in White on White
Gosh I love a good white nail. There's something about white nail polish that I am drawn to every time. This, as the name would suggest, is a really stark true white. It is like a piece of good paper, really crisp and eye catching. This is the only white polish I've ever owned, so I'm sure there are better out there but for now this is doing me just fine. 

Rimmel Salon Pro in Temptress 
This deep pink shade just makes me feel classy and adult. It is like something my grandma would wear but in a good way (weird...I'm gonna stick with it though). This has red undertones so it is far deeper than the common fluorescent or Barbie pinks that people wear. I think this is the pink version of Russian Roulette in that it has the same function in my life, only for when I feel like a pink rather than a red. 

Essie Cute as a Button 
The name says it all. This peachy pink shade is my absolute favourite of them all because it is just so gosh darn wearable. Not is it only actually appropriate for Spring, for once, but it garners plenty of praise when I use it. It is more pink than peach, this is not what I thought when I initially bought it, and that turns out to look far better on my skin tone than proper peach colours. 

Now you may be thinking 'Shannon, you didn't address formula or staying power or brushes or anything else important when reviewing a nail polish'. You're right, nameless reader, I based this entire post solely on the colour of polish. Different, I know, but here is what I have to say on the formula of these polishes. All of them have great formulation as far as I can tell, they're quick drying and apply well (with the white shade taking a few extra coats but that is to be expected for a white). The reason I don't have much of an opinion on this is because my top coat always gets rid of any issues. It makes all polishes last for a week on my nails and masks any imperfections in my paint job (Read an entire review of this miracle product HERE). 

Based on colour alone, I'm going to have to give this one to Cute as a Button. That being said, my polish choices always depend on my mood and what has been on my mind lately, so my answer might be different in a month. For now this Essie shade is the top of my tree. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig