Wednesday 9 July 2014

Treat Yourself to a Pamper Evening



If you are going to treat yourself to a proper pamper evening, there is a few things that you must include. These things will leave you feeling relaxed and special, without the exorbitant costs that come with going to a proper spa. 

Candles
There is something about candle light that is so relaxing and calming. I find lighting some candles to be the perfect first step for a relaxing evening. Choose your yummiest/favourite smelling candles and light them all around your bath or pamper area. 

Exfoliate
Though it can be a bit of a tough job, and slightly painful at times, exfoliating is a necessary step of any pamper evening. I could make up some metaphor about scrubbing away your troubles, but in all reality there is a much more simple reason. It will make you feel good. Not necessarily on a deep inner level, I mean it literally. Your skin will feel better to the touch if you exfoliate it well first. At the moment I am using the really gritty Body Shop Shea Body Scrub

Hair Mask
Your hair deserves some pampering too, especially if you use heat tools as much as I do. They leave the hair feeling silky and soft, far more than an average conditioner. I generally wash and condition my hair in the shower as normal, then I will turn off the shower and apply the Edward Beale Argan Oil Masque. I will wrap my hair up and go about my business for 15 minutes and then get back into the shower to wash it off. 

Face Mask 
Another pamper evening staple, the face mask is a must. It depends on your skin type or the issues you are trying to combat, but at the moment I am using the Origins Clear Improvement Mask. This is meant to clear out pores and leave the skin feeling incredibly clean. You could also use a moisturising face mask or even a nose pore strip (or both). 

Moisturise
After you have washed off all of your masks, go in with a good quality moisturiser. Make sure you apply it everywhere; legs, body, arms, face, hands and feet all need to be taken care of. Of course, you will probably need a few different types of moisturiser to target different areas of the body. My favourite body moisturiser of late is the Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter because it is really heavy and I know it is giving me a lot of hydration without being sticky. 

Manicure
I like to give myself an at home manicure when I'm treating myself. I cut and file my nails until they're the perfect shape after taking off any polish that may have already been on there. Then I will go in with my favourite nail care system of the moment the Sephora Formula X cleanser, base and top coats. I start with the cleanser then paint the base coat over the top. My polish of choice at this time is Essie Cute as a Button and then I top it off with a top coat to keep everything shiny and locked in place. 

After I've done all that, I settle in with a book or a movie and relax for the rest of the night. I love how I feel after a pamper evening. I feel clean, soft and relaxed. I find that I feel a bit more ready to face the world in the morning if I have treated myself to some beauty time the night before. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig