Saturday 19 July 2014

Blogging Essentials


I realise that all you REALLY need to run a blog is something with a working internet connection, but I'm still going to share what I consider to be my blogging essentials with you. I try really hard to keep myself organised (but I often fail) and there are a few must-haves when it comes to doing so. 

Computer
Obviously, this is the most important of the equipment. Without it I would not be able to get on blogger and write up my posts, let alone edit photos or videos. My Macbook Laptop and I have an unhealthy attachment to each other and I don't know what I would do without it, blog or no blog. 

Notepad, Pen and Highlighter
I really love writing lists and I find this to be the easiest way to keep myself organised. I have two notebooks in which I write ideas for blog posts, plan out specific blog posts and keep a calender of when I'm publishing each blog post. I need a nice pen to take all of these notes because: a) I like it all to match and b) I usually write lots at a time, so it needs to be comfortable. The highlighter is so that I can mark off a post when it is scheduled or posted. That gives me great satisfaction. 

Camera and an Extra SD Card
I actually use a Canon 60D SLR Camera to take all of my pictures and film all of my videos, but since I needed to use it to take the picture above I had to chuck an old point-and-shoot in there. Taking the photos is one of my favourite parts of blogging, though it can be hard to get good lighting (especially in winter). This one is especially for when you're filming videos; it is always a good idea to keep an extra SD card on hand. If you get a bit carried away taking photos or you already had some stuff on the card, they often become full and it will stop recording video. 

Phone
I use this for many different tasks, but there are two main things I use it for when it comes to blogging. The first is social media. I love to use my phone to check up on twitter and instagram so that I can promote my blog and interact with other bloggers. The other thing I use my phone for is reminders to do tasks that I will often forget to do otherwise. With my phone bleeping away at me, it's a lot harder to ignore. 

Headphones 
Again, this is especially useful for videos. I sometimes like to listen to music while I take photos/edit photos/write a post and headphones can come in handy then. Mostly, I hate having my own voice filling up the room saying the same thing over and over again so I use headphones when editing. I don't know why but headphones make the whole process more bearable.

The Product I'm Reviewing
I always need the thing that I'm talking about right beside me. I am likely to forget the name or how it smells when I'm writing about it and getting up to look for it wrecks my flow. 

If I have all of these things, then I'm set to blog and make videos forever. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig