Sunday 6 July 2014

Treat Yourself to a Lay In


As much as we all love sleeping in until the last possible moment, that often leads to a lot of stress when trying to get ready in a hurry. There are few things I do, and products I use, that cut down my preparation time immensely. 

Drink Water 
I've heard that one of the reasons we wake up feeling groggy and tired after a good nights sleep is dehydration. That really makes perfect sense because we haven't drank anything in up to 12 hours. A good habit to get into is to drink a glass of water when you first wake up in the morning, that way you can try and combat that feeling as quickly as possible. This is also a great way to start your hydration for the day because we all know that we need to stay nice and hydrated. 

In Shower Moisturiser 
If you have dry skin like me, you will probably feel the need to moisturise even if you don't really have time. In shower moisturisers make it quick and easy, plus they leave you feeling a bit more luxurious and put together than if you just jump in and out of the shower in the morning. The one that I have been using recently is the Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion but Lush also apparently makes a great one. 

Dry Shampoo 
No one has time to wash their hair if they're in a hurry and that is the whole point behind dry shampoo. A few sprays of this massaged into the roots of your hair can get rid of any greasyness and give you some volume. If I'm in a real rush I will just spritz my Batiste Dry Shampoo into a few parts of my hair and make sure it is evenly distributed by running my fingers through. Then I will just flip my head over, gather up all of my hair and shove it into a ponytail. Sometimes I don't even brush it and still manage to look put together. 

Use Your Fingers For Makeup 
Ain't nobody got time for thousands of brushes when they need to be out the door. Foundation, concealer and pretty much everything else can be applied with your fingers if need be. Keep the makeup simple and don't bother with anything that will be too time consuming. I find the easiest way to do this is to pick one thing that is most important and spend the time getting that one area right. Be it your eyebrows or your blush, having that one part of your face up to your usual standards will leave you feeling better. I guarantee that most people wont even notice whether or not you have bronzer on. 

Use Only One Eyeshadow 
The Maybelline Color Tatoo in Bad to the Bronze is perfect for this because you can apply it all over the lid with your fingers and be done. The slight bit of shimmer and the bronze colour add a natural shadow so that you don't have to worry about blending any other colours into the crease. This follows on from the last rule and they could be combined together to simply say KEEP IT SIMPLE AND QUICK. 

I hope these tips come in handy next time you decide to treat yourself to a lay in and press the snooze button five or six times. 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig