Thursday 10 July 2014

Treat Yourself to a Movie Night



I'm by no means a movie aficionado but I have had my fair share of movie nights. From those I feel as though I have generated enough knowledge to give you some suggestions on what to watch when you treat yourself to a movie night. 

21 Jump Street
This is an hilarious movie and it is the perfect thing to watch if you're thinking about heading out to see the sequel (which I have seen, it is equally as hilarious). This is quite a ridiculous film and as a fan of the original series 21 Jump Street it is not even close to as realistic. You need to go into this one with an open mind and ready to hear a ton of swearing. If you watch this with the right attitude, you will be crying with laughter by the end. 

Hancock 
This seems to have gotten some pretty awful reviews but I actually quite enjoy it. It is a good mixture between action, drama and comedy. Sure the name is obsurd but the main actors (Will Smith and Charlize Theron) are both amazing and highly acclaimed. The basic plot is there is a man named Hancock who has super powers but ends up living as a bum because he only ever destroys things. The film is about him trying to become a proper hero who helps people. 

August Rush
A heartwarming film about a boy who just wants a family. Awww, so sweet. I've actually done a school report in this movie and it is one of the only ones I've watched for school that I actually enjoyed. This is a drama with the occasional song (it is certainly not a musical, they're just musicians) and I highly recommend it. I don't want to explain too much or it will be ruined, but boy can August play that guitar. 

Made of Honour 
The most underrated rom com of our generation, Made of Honour is simply hilarious and sweet. Patrick Dempsey and Michelle Monaghan play best friends. When Michelle's character announces she is getting married, she asks him to be her maid of honour only for Patrick's character Tom to realise he is in love with her. Rom com-ness ensues. It's not exactly Oscar worthy, but it is awesome all the same. 

The Jungle Book
If you're looking for a fun kids movie, look no further than The Jungle Book. The songs are so catchy, they will be stuck in your head for weeks and the story is really cute. I feel as though this movie is not appreciated as much as other classic Disney films, so I just had to give it some love. 

Inception
You'll have to pay attention to this one if you want to watch it, it isn't for the faint hearted or the easily distracted. It has quite a complicated plot line and an intense thriller vibe. I wont even begin to try and explain the plot to you, you're just going to have to watch it to see. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig