Wednesday 9 July 2014

Treat Yourself to a Nice Perfume


I have a top 3 perfumes that I rotate between daily, so they're the ones that I would recommend if you are looking for a sweet new scent. Any fancy schmancy wording about the way these perfumes smell, I have gotten from the packaging/company because I'm not that good. 



Miss Dior
Apparently this was 'created for an “elegant and spirited young woman in love” and I can see where they got that idea. It is definitely a young fragrance (and by that I mean under like 35) but it is in no way childish like something a child would wear. I would say this is a great scent for anyone over the age of 15. I would describe it (with the help of some ideas from the official description) as a floral scent that has a hint of fresh citrus. There is also a slight hint of musk in there that makes it just mature enough and brings the scent back from being TOO girly. I requested this for Christmas from a family member after deciding on it purely because Jennifer Lawrence was in the advertising. That is how sophisticated my perfume choosing skills are. I think I made a good choice because this is a lovely scent to wear out at night when I want to feel glamorous and lady-like. 


Lola by Marc Jacobs 
Admittedly, this time I was drawn to the perfume because of the bottle. Once again my shallowness wins out over any attention to the actual smell. I recieved this from my Mum a couple of years ago and for a while it was the only scent I wore. Though I have branched out a bit more now, I still go back to this often (partially because I'm slightly obsessed that this will be the first ever perfume I finish completely). It is described on the Marc Jacobs website as having a signature note of fuchsia peony and an overall floral fragrance. I agree with this wholeheartedly because it is a lot more floral than the Miss Dior. It doesn't smell like any one particular flower to me, but it has the overall scent of a beautiful garden. I will wear this at any time because I think it transitions beautifully from day to night. It is good for days when I'm feeling a bit fancy and floral but it is dark and interesting enough for the evening. 



Bright by GAP 
This is the most affordable and my most worn of the perfumes. It has a really original scent that is unlike anything I have ever smelt before. It is a fresh fruity scent that does have some woodier undertones. I feel as though when I spray it on in the morning it makes me smell clean, which is weird I know. I think it is the fresh smell that kind of reminds me of soap and that it why I associate it with being well washed. The only issue with this perfume is that it doesn't exactly radiate off you. This is more of an issue if I wore it as a night time perfume where I want to make more of a splash, but I usually keep this one for school or average days. I don't always want to go to school smelling like I have just rolled through a rose garden so this is perfect. I have had many the compliment from friends when I have waved a hand in front of them that I'm smelling good that day, so I'm going to say this one is a keeper. 

Though I really love all of these perfumes, I'm actually looking out for another to add to my collection. If you know of a darker/muskier/woodier fragrance that is still suitable for my tender age, comment below or tell me on Twitter. I'm after something to wear when I'm feeling a bit darker and less floral. 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig