Saturday 12 July 2014

A New Hobby

I thought I would just sit down and have a quick talk to you about how I am branching out with this blog. I have decided that I am going to bite the bullet and start my own Youtube channel. Having enjoyed Youtube as a main source of entertainment for some time now, I have always kind of wanted to give it a go. Nerves and the fear of people I actually know finding out about online ventures (that's also why I put off starting this blog for a long time) have frightened me out of it time after time. 

Now I am finally telling myself that nothing bad could possibly come of it and diving in. So here is what I know so far about my plans: 

- My channel is called Lots of Love, Shannon, just like my blog so that it is easy to find the correlation between the two and follow me on both. 

- I want to post on this channel AT LEAST once a week. At the moment I have three videos on the go, which should all be up within the next two weeks because I'm a bit excited.

- I have not yet decided what day of the week these videos should be on. 

- I don't just want to make beauty videos. I think the way I want to do it is have the current channel as weekly beauty videos (because I really do love them and they're some of my favourite to watch) and then start a whole new channel for everything else. I would use that one as my experimental channel where I would try rants/chatty vlogs/daily vlogs/skits or anything else I want to give a go. What do you think of that? Is it a good idea? I really don't know. 

- I'm already really enjoying the whole creative process of making videos. The initial filming was nerve wracking and the uploading (which is happening as I type) is also quite daunting, but it is still giving me a real sense of accomplishment. I have also always enjoyed editing, so I'm hoping to improve my skills in that sense. 

I would be lying if I told you that I was expecting anyone to actually watch these videos, I'm doing this more for me than to gain an audience. That being said, feel free to head over and check out the channel (HERE) if I have peaked your interest. I'm going to be trying to improve it and make it much more pleasing to the eye as time goes along. 

Please share your opinions on anything I just said in the comments below or tweet me. I would love to get other peoples opinions on what I should do. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I really want to start doing videos too but im so scared haha! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/07/pool-side.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be scared, you've just got to do what I do and give it a go xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig