Friday 24 April 2015

The Only Contour Kit You Will Need



As Australia Week* is drawing to a close, I thought I would review a product that I briefly mentioned in my previous Brand Focus: Australis post. This AC On Tour Palette is a product by an Australian brand (find out about it further in the last post) and *spoiler* it is amazing. 

Firstly, let's address the overall topics. The packaging is a sturdy plastic that attracts finger prints like nothing else. Despite this little flaw, the packaging is really good because it could be knocked around without effecting the products inside at all. For $16, it is quality. The powders themselves are super soft and buttery meaning that they blend seamlessly into the skin. Each shade is incredibly pigmented which, though good, makes you need to be very careful when applying the darker shades. It is quite easy to over do the contour shades on first application and make life very hard for yourself in the blending department. 

I'm now going to run through each shade and comment on them individually: 

Top Left - Pink Highlight 
This is a matte pink toned shade and though it is very beautiful, I don't really know what to do with it. Because I am incredibly pale this is not really light enough to highlight with around my face. I could almost use this as a normal (slightly lightening) face powder because it blends in so well. 

Top Middle - Yellow Highlight 
Ah the famous banana shade. Yellow powders work really well under the eyes because it counteracts any blue shades and brightens things up. Unlike the pink one, the yellow highlight still works on my very pale skin and it really does help with any darkness under my eyes. I would not use this powder anywhere else on my face because it would change my skin tone too much. 

Top Right - Shimmery Highlight 
A single shimmery shade in a otherwise totally matte palette, this is a welcomed addition. It is not overly shimmery, in fact I would call it more of a sheen than a shimmer. These are the kinds of highlighters that I use the most on my cheekbones so it is the perfect thing to have in this palette. In terms of shade, it is a peachy pink colour which is unlike any other highlighter I have but it looks quite natural on the cheeks. 

Bottom Left - Mid-Toned Contour 
This is my preferred of the contour shades because it is leaning on the warm side without being orange at all. It works as more of a combined bronze contour rather than a straight up grey which is perfect for me because contouring is not my strongest point. Blending this under the cheek bones and upwards gives a really natural look but also helps give that illusion of a more chiseled face. The perfect combo. 

Bottom Middle - Grey Contour 
A classic contour shade, this is probably the most frightening one for me. If you are really into that fake shadow under the cheek bones look this one is for you! It is really grey and can look so good if it is used properly. Unfortunately, I am still trying to master this look without making myself look muddy or dirty. 

Bottom Right - Warm Contour 
To sum things up we have a bronzer shade to add some warmth to the face. I can only use this sparingly because it is quite dark on my skin tone but it is still very nice. If you are of a medium to dark skin tone I'm sure you will really love this powder as a bronzer. 

Australis products are available at Priceline and other good stores in Australia, if you're overseas you can pick it up from their website HERE. I personally love this palette and think it is a great alternative if you can't afford the more expensive options. 


Australis ship internationally from their website! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 

*Australia Week is being written in conjunction with True Blue Migrations. 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I need this in my life :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally do! I think it is one for all beauty lovers wish lists xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig