Sunday 12 April 2015

Monthly Round Up: March/April


The whole idea of this post is for me to sum up my month as a type of diary, covering some of the main things that have happened this month and some other bits and bobs. I'm basically going to create a monthly time capsule that will be great for me to look back on and will hopefully give you all an interesting insight into my life.

A Blog Update
You may have noticed that the layout around here has changed slightly and become a bit more professional. I'm not going to try and fool you into thinking I'm suddenly a HTML wiz, I payed a company for a blog template that I am really happy with. I feel as though it is far more pleasing to the eye now, with the 'popular posts' on the side bar and the header that moves with the page as you scroll down. I still want to work on it some more and add a little bit of my own flavour to it but for the moment I am in love with how much better it looks!

Intense Schooling
The first term of school has rounded up and we've just begun the second. Because I'm in the business end of school now, it's getting quite stressful. Every teacher is putting a lot of pressure on me (and everyone else) which makes it very hard to keep up with all of the homework, study and revision I have to do each day. On top of that I have been procrastinating massively and that certainly doesn't help. I had two weeks off which gave me some time to relax and take my mind off all things school. There is only so much a girl can think about history, psychology and all sorts of essays! 

Easter Fun
Last weekend was Easter so my Mum and I went away with friends to Blairgowrie for a few days. It was a really fun, relaxing time. Most of the weekend was spent out on the deck, listening to Smooth FM, shopping and singing at the top of our lungs. I got so spend time with our friend's kids, who are possibly the cutest things on the planet. Mika, who is three (and pictured in the top left instagram picture above), is convinced that she knows everything there is to know. We tell her something and she replies with 'I know that. I know everything.' Her father asked her a series of questions that went like this 'Is wood flammable?" 'no.' 'Is metal flammable?' 'yes.' 'Is paper flammable?' 'no.' Somehow she managed to get every single one wrong. Her know-it-all-ness is both adorable and frustrating. These kinds of experiences were very common over the course of the weekend and I had a really great time. 

Top 5 Favourite Songs of the Moment 

1. FourFiveSeconds by Rhianna, Kanye and Paul McCartney
2. Trouble by Iggy Azalea feat. Jennifer Hudson
3. Georgia by Vance Joy
4. King Kunta by Kendrick Lamar
5. Bills by LunchMoney Lewis

Top 5 Things That Happened This Month
1. I renewed my love for the fabulous soap opera that is Neighbours. I'm officially obsessed. 
2. I also binge watched the first season of Arrow because I was on holidays and I don't regret it at all. 
3. THIS recipe by Deliciously Ella totally stole my heart. It will certainly be a winter staple! 
4. JennyPurr has been my blogging master this month, I think I've read all of her posts in order to up my blogging game. 
5. My nails are back! After having fake nails over Christmas, my nails were wrecked for months. Since the beginning of April they have been growing really well and they're stronger than ever. Thank god. 

This was a fun little post to write and I will endeavour to do one every month. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig