Friday 27 March 2015

Signature Scents: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black


This is just going to be a quick Friday review this week to show my appreciation for the best perfume ever. Excuse my bold accusations but in my opinion this is about as good as scents can get. I am, of course, talking about the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Perfume. This was a very fortunate birthday gift of mine that we picked up at Sephora in Sydney, meaning I got to smell it first to decide whether I actually wanted it. I didn't really bother with the white one because there was none in stock, so luckily I loved it the black version. 

Firstly lets address the packaging because it's so badass. The subtle studs combined with the gold detailing makes it not only pleasant to hold but really sexy as well. I would think of this perfume bottle as a Scarlett Johansson type, sexy but still with a certain amount of class. It's also very slender, as most Hollywood actresses are. The only downside to the packaging is you can't see how much product you have left but you have to take the bad with the good. 

Onto the most important part of a perfume, the smell. I will put you through my horrendous description: It is a warm scent that is perfect for winter, with the more manly notes like musk combining with the sweeter notes like vanilla to create a complex and enticing aroma. 

Now I know that was almost too fancy for you to handle but let's go to the actual description from Sephora: 

'Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black is an addictive blend of alluring violet, sensual sandalwood, and rich vanilla that strike the perfect balance between masculine and feminine.'

I was pretty close actually! Though I thought it was more of a musk scent rather than sandalwood but they know far better than I do. One thing I do know is that the stay time is really good, though if I want to amp it up I will give myself another spritz in the late afternoon. 

That pretty much sums it up! I'm totally in love with this perfume as we move into winter, what's your favourite perfume right now? 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig