Wednesday 4 March 2015

Best Birthday Presents


My birthday was a couple of weeks back and I've had this post ready and raring to go since about two days after but laziness and busyness took over so it's taken me a while to get it out to you. Happily, it's finally here. 

Fuji Instax Mini
I've spoken about this in my favourites post but I just love this little camera. The baby blue colour just adds to the cuteness of the whole thing, and thats without seeing the adorable pictures that go along with it. They just capture moments in such a natural way because you can only take the picture once, pictures that you would retake on a digital camera are left to be appreciated in their imperfect form. The group picture you can see in the bottom left corner is a group shot of my family from the night of my birthday dinner. It's far from a perfect photo of us all, my Mum is telling of my brother with her mouth wide open and Sofie is mid-blink but it's still a great photo. That's because it is actually representative of the evening. My Mum spent a lot of time telling off my brother and I'm sure Sofie blinked multiple times. It's just such a nice thing to have and use. 

Dog Socks
These are totally random and that's why I love them so. These were a part of a gift from my friend and they suprised me so much, I think it's pretty self-explanatory why I find them so cool. Plus they're comfortable which is a bonus. 

Silver Necklace
Such a sweet gift from a treasured friend. this necklace reads 'Good friends are like stars, you can't always see them but you always know they're there'. It's so nice and the perfect length to wear with my school dress so I can wear it everyday. My favourite gifts are the ones that people seem to have put some legitimate thought into and this was the most kind of them all. 

Ukelele
This wins the prize for most problematic gift (it doesn't actually work...it's a long story that I will tell you upon request) but it's also a super cool one. This was given to me from my afore mentioned brother and his girlfriend and I really do appreciate the effort he put into getting it. Unfortunately it has some issues but I think of this gift as more of a representation and a goal than an actual physical thing. It represents to me the fact that I should be investing more time into trying to persue learning a musical instrument and has actually inspired me to do so, if I get something that functions. 

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Perfume
Another one that I spoke about in my favourites post, you'll have to go down to that post to see my horrendous description of how this smells. The packaging is so sleek and edgy that I would have wanted it for the packaging alone, luckily the actual perfume isn't half bad either. Thanks Mum! 

Another birthday over, I am officially a seventeen year old! That's crazy in two ways because I feel like I'm getting towards adulthood, which is a frightening thought. But also because I have been told I act like a thirty year old since I was about five, so I'm glad I'm still quite a long way away from actually being thirty. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Why doesn't it work? Don't leave me hanging like this, I need to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to cut a long story short, he didn't actually buy the ukelele he just got it for free of one of his friends and then bought me a tuner. Dodgy I know but he said that if I liked it he would buy me a nice one. Then I wasn't able to tune it and I spent roughly four hours trying, thinking I was just a moron. Only to find out from a friend who is a guitarist that it is actually a piece of crap. This then caused a familial argument about the fact that my brother gave me an unuseable gift.

      ...It's quite funny really xx

      Delete
    2. Omg! Why don't you buy some new strings or something? hahaha

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig