Sunday 1 March 2015

February Favourites



I'm back! I don't really know what happened there, all of the happenings of February just caught up with me and the blog went on the back burner. Thankfully, I've made it back in time for my favourite post of the month (pardon the pun) because I've got a whole slog of things to share with you all. In fact this post could have been far longer but I've narrowed it down as much as I could for fear of putting you to sleep. You're welcome. 


Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners in Ravish and East End Snob
I'm officially a lip liner convert, to the point where I'm seriously considering picking up all of the other colours in this Rimmel line. The first of which, Ravishing (the dark red), I got in a Bellabox a few months back and when I got it I absolutely hated it. This can be attributed to the fact that it broke off the first two times I used it, so it was thrown into the drawer never to be used again. Fast forward to 2015 when I picked up the lipstick I will mention next and I found out that this lipliner is the perfect colour match! The love affair began. I figured out the way to use it to prevent breakage and it looks awesome. That prompted me to pick up the more nude shade East End Snob and though I haven't had it for long I just know that I will wear it all the time. Lip liners just make your lips look so darn luscious. 

MAC Lipstick in Diva
I was feeling hella bold when I put this lipstick in my basket and I don't regret it at all. All of my MAC purchases have been favourites this month, but Diva has to be the standout because I didn't expect to love it as much as I do. It's matte, which is the only way to go for bold lips like these, but it's not drying to the point where it's unbearable. The colour is a deep wine red that looks super vampy when on, think Snow White to the max when worn with my pale skin. I wouldn't suggest wearing it if you're going to eat burgers because you WILL end up with a pink chin #BeenThereDoneThat. 


Australis AC On Tour Contouring and Highlighting Kit
This is the newest purchase in this post (ngl, I got it yesterday) but I'm so fascinated with it that it had to be mentioned. At the bargain price of $13 it seems to be an almost exact dupe of the Anastasia Contour Kit and the quality of this palette is out of this world. The shades are all really different but useable. There is three highlighting colours, a pink toned matte highlight, a yellow toned matte highlight and a peachy highlight with some shimmer. I am most excited to use the yellow one under my eyes because I've seen it look amazing. There is also a nice ashy contour shade, a warmer bronze and a great inbetween shade. I'm by no means a contouring expert but I think with this palette I will get a lot better. 

L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper 
February marks the month that my Pixi Brow Duo finally kicked the dust. I got almost a whole year of use out of the tiny tiny brow gel but it was time for us both to move on. I'd heard good things about the new L'Oreal Brow offering so I gave it a go. This actually works wonders on my notoriously awful brows. I fill them in with ashy toned blonde pencils and they can look decent but when this is added it takes them to a whole new level. It is slightly warmer in tone so it brings them to life and the whole 'plumping' thing gives them a bit of a oomph. Don't let the fact that it appears to have glitter in it put you off, as far as my investigation has gone, it's undetectable when actually on the face. 

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black
A much hyped perfume that I won't go on and on about because this post is already getting looong. I was lucky enough to receive this for my birthday from my Mummy after choosing it in Sephora earlier in the year. It just smells and looks really good. *Bad attempt at scent describing alert* It is a deep and layered scent with kind of a musk vanilla thing going on. I'm wearing it all the time already but I think it will be super appropriate during winter. 


Fuji Instax Mini
Another parental birthday gift, this time from my Dad. I've wanted one of these suckers for ages and I finally have my own polaroid camera. I think this is a good chance for me to capture those more special random moments because you can't take the picture 15 times like you can on a digital camera. Plus it adds a filter for you which is a bonus. I'm using my film sparingly so I don't waste it (it's so expensive!) but I'm sure I will take some of my all time favourite photos with this camera. 

Concerts
One of my new years resolutions was to see more live music and I am proud to say that I'm succeeding on that front. This month I went to both the One Direction and McBusted concerts and though they were very different, I loved them both. One Direction was such a huge affair that the boys literally looked like ants on the stage, so there was no chance of Harry Styles seeing my pink chin (from the afore mentioned Diva lipstick pink chin incident). It didn't really bother me because the best bit about the concert was the atmosphere of the stadium and seeing all of their hardcore fans losing their shit. 

The McBusted concert was far smaller and my favourite of the two, mostly because there was no lipstick mishaps or traffic jams. It was just so much fun to see one of my favourite bands and drag my friend who had never heard of them before along to rock out with me. The only frustrating thing about it was that no one in Australia seems to know who McBusted is, so I have to keep explaining it to everyone. Why do people ask me about them when I know they don't actually care? So frustrating! Anyway, I know who they are and their songs are so catchy I literally wake up every morning with a different one stuck in my head. 

I'm so glad to be back on the blogging bandwagon. Sorry that this post was a bit rambly, but in my defence all of my favourites posts are. I can guarantee that the March one will be no different. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lovely post, Shannon! I've heard such amazing things about that contour kit. I also love your Polaroid camera. I really want to get my hands on one. Looking forward to your next post!! x

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guilianna! The polariod camera really is pretty awesome xx

      Delete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig