Wednesday 18 March 2015

Evening Skincare Routine


As promised last week, I've got my evening skincare routine for you! As you can probably see, this routine looks quite a bit more complicated than last weeks Morning Skincare Routine but I can guarantee that it isn't as much as you think. I don't use all of these steps every night, which you'll see as I move through the different steps. 


The first thing I do every night, almost without fail, is remove my makeup. The best product for that, in my opinion, is the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil. The woman who sold it to me described it as 'acid on your face but, like, good' and I can see where she's coming from. It works so well that it makes the makeup melt off. Once I have massaged it all over my face, including into my eye makeup, I add some water and massage further. Then I just rinse it off and all of my makeup goes with it. Theoretically I could leave it there but I like to make my life nice and complex, so I continue on. Most nights I will use the Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser, which is a simple gel soap texture that doesn't really foam on the face. It does help keep breakouts at bay but on a day to day basis it just makes my skin feel nice and clean. If my skin is feeling particularly clogged or gross that day, I will use the Bioré Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleaner instead of the MB one. This is a really cool exfoliating cleanser that has beads to give the skin a good scrub and, as the name would suggest, it heats up on the face. Though I suspect the heating effect is a little gimicy because it doesn't stay warm for very long, it is a nice sensation. This leaves my skin feeling clean and exfoliated, slightly more than the everyday Mario Badescu. 


Then, as I do in the mornings, I follow with the Clinique Clarifying Lotion on a cotton pad and then apply the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel. For under my eyes I've been using the Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye, a sample of a very expensive eye cream that I got in my last The Parcel. It is nice and moisturising under the eye and I will use it for as long as possible, though I don't know if it is worth all of the money a full pot would cost. Take my opinions with a grain of salt since I'm 17 and don't have wrinkles, though it has taken care of my extreme dry patch I had under my right eye. Finally, for lip balm I've been using the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream to nourish my lips over night. 


Then there's the extras that I only use occasionally when need be. The Origins Clear Improvement Mask is an old favourite of mine that I've spoken about multiple times before. It's simply the best clarifying mask ever and I tend to use it once or twice a week to ensure my skin is clear and blemish free. If a spot does sneak through, I use the Origins Super Spot Remover on a cotton bud and apply it to the spot. This helps to soothe the spot and when I wake up in the morning the pimples are usually much smaller and less painful. Moving on from blemishes, my lips need taking care of sometimes too. If you're feeling dry and flaky, I scrub them with the Santa's Lip Scrub and it leaves them nice and soft. 

Jeez, that seems like so many products to use on my face. It really is a lot of stuff. Though it is a lot, it actually works and my skin has been much better lately. Plus, I can actually knock over the whole routine in less than five minutes (unless I'm doing the mask but that doesn't count) so it's not actually that time consuming. 

Please tell me what your holy grail product in your evening skincare routine is in the comments below, I'd love to hear!

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig