Sunday 22 March 2015

10 Ways I Procrastinate




The other day at school we had a seminar on studying, it was a ball of fun for thing on a Tuesday morning. The dude who came in to do the seminar asked us 'What do you do to procrastinate?' and boy did we get some funny answers. One boy said that he keeps making his bed. As in he makes his bed, sits on his bed and then remakes it over and over again. Another boy said that he sniffs his hand... that was odd. On top of thinking how odd those people are, it actually got me thinking about some things I do to get out of homework or even blog post writing. 

Write Blog Posts 
I know I just said that sometimes I procrastinate from writing blog posts, which is true, but I also use my blog as a form of procrastination from my school work. It all comes full circle. 

Play With My Makeup
At least twice a week I put on an unnecessary smoky eye or a bright red lip for a trip to the kitchen. 

Clean My Room
I can't do any work in a messy environment, duh. 

Watch Youtube Videos 
My ongoing theory is 'just one more, they're shorter than TV shows.' 

Trying To Invent My Own Yoga Moves 
Do you ever just lay around and end up in super weird positions? No? Just me? 

Plan Future Birthday Gifts 
I'm always organising awesome gifts for my friends in my brain, sometimes months in advance. I actually thought of a great gift for my friend the other day but I'll likely forget by the time her birthday rolls around in November. 

Online Window Shopping 
An oldie but a goodie, this is everyones fallback. 

Impromptu Dance Breaks 
When my jam comes on I just have to get up and boogie, maths homework or no maths homework. 

Making A Jingle For Everything 
Much like Charlie Harper from Two and a Half Men, I think myself a good jingle writer (I know he was actually a professional jingle writer but I'm pretty close). If I'm trying super hard to put something off, I find myself sitting there making up cliché songs about Coke cans and sunglasses. Lame, I know. 

Daydreaming 
This is the most obvious one but it's so much fun to imagine different things happening. What would happen if my brother's band got famous? If I was born a red head? If instead of dogs everyone owned unicorns? 

Well that was a super random little post, I hope you enjoyed it though. It gave you a bit of insight into what goes on in my mind, so I would like to know a bit about you. Please tell me what you do to procrastinate! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig