Thursday 7 August 2014

Rose Gold Goodness


I've got some more brush love to share with you today. If you watched my recent haul on my Youtube channel (shameless plug), you will know that I recently purchased this beautiful Rose Gold Brush Set from Zoeva. It's very reasonably priced, at roughly $95 AUD for eight brushes compared to $76 AUD for ONE MAC Brush. They're really good quality, some brushes are softer than others but that is to be expected. They're also good to wash. In short, I love them. For a more in depth explanation, I'm going to give a run down on each of the brushes: 


Silk Finish Brush 
This is a foundation brush that is like the Real Techniques Buffing Brush I love so much. I find myself alternating between the two without noticing any outstanding differences. It has really thick bristles that apply the foundation over the face evenly and then buff them in to give a 'silk finish' - hence the name.  

Face Shape
By the name of this brush I presume that it is supposed to be for contouring, but I break all of the rules and use it for something else entirely. This is like a mini version of the silk finish brush, a thickly packed, really soft brush that is great for buffing things in. I use this mainly for concealer but I have even used it for foundation when I'm in a pinch. This is by far the best concealer brush I've ever used and it's probably my favourite of the set. 

Concealer Buffer
This is your more traditional concealer brush, it's good but not as good as the face shape. It's better for pin-pointing the product and lightly buffing it in, but if you want a really flawless finish it's not the brush to go for as it can leave it slightly streaky because the brush is small. When I use this I go over the top with my foundation brush or fingers to even everything out. 


Luxe Petit Crease 
This was the brush that lured me into buying this set, as I've been looking for a tapered crease brush for a while. I don't have a very large eyelid or defined crease so I like to use this smaller brush to add product to my crease. I find using larger brushes for these looks often just takes the crease shade all over the lid rather than focusing it. This brush has been my saviour in that respect, and though not the softest, it does the job perfectly. 

Luxe Soft Definer
Perfect for blending all over the lid and adding subtle colour in the crease. It can leave a really natural finish or blend out a smoky eye so that it looks seamless. 

Wing Liner
I love this brush for when I use an eyeshadow along my lash line because it is so easy to apply. It has a nice small head so that it can be used for both lining the eyes and filling in your eyebrows. 


Powder
This powder brush isn't super huge like some tend to be, it's a nice manageable size to focus the powder in your t-zone. It's also super soft so it makes powder a joy to apply in the morning. I tend to use this when I want a more all-over powder and I stick to my Real Techniques Contour Brush when I just want it around my nose. 

Luxe Sheer Cheek
I'm a bit of a newbie at applying blush but this brush makes it so much easier. It gives a really sheer sweep of colour on the cheeks and it shapes it for you, making it almost impossible to stuff up. If you don't want a super sheer finish, just add another layer and build it up. 

All up, I'm in love with these brushes. They're soft, useful and gorgeous: what more would you want? 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig