Saturday 19 December 2015

Day 7: My Christmas Day Makeup



As it's summer for Christmas in these parts, my makeup for the day may be a little different than what is expected. I'm going to wear a midi-length striped dress and some white heels so I want my makeup to be golden and dewy. 

I plan on fake tanning for the day so that I can break out my darker shades of foundation. My favourite for this is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation which I will layer over the Too Faced Hangover Primer. To cover up any blemishes or redness I will add some Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in a darker shade and then I will use a lighter shade to highlight under my eyes. This all will be set with the usual Rimmel Stay Matter Powder.

Because I will be tanned, I can use the bronzer from the Australis AC On Tour kit and also that contour. The highlight in the kit is a little bit pink so instead I will use my trusty TheBalm Mary-Lumaniser and Tarte Amazonian Blush in Exposed to bring some colour to my cheeks. 

My eyebrows will be done with the usual Rimmel Brow This Way* brow duo on a thin eyeliner brush. To top them off and keep them in place for a long day of eating and being merry I will brush through the L'Oreal Brow Plumper

On the eyes I will add the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer then use the very intense gold Australis Metallix Eyeshadow in Pearl Jammin' all over my lid. That will be set with Half-Baked, a shade from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. In the crease I will buff through the shade Naked from the same palette and then add some of Buck in the outer corners to deepen things up. A small line of L'Oreal Super Liner will be used on the outer lash line for some definition and I will top off the eyes with lashings of the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara

My lips will be kept simple with some of my favourite lipstick in the form of MAC Patisserie so that I don't have to worry about smearing or necessary re-application. 

What makeup are you wearing this Christmas? Are you going traditional or are you mixing it up like me? I'd love to know!

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig