Wednesday 23 December 2015

Day 11: Pre-Christmas Pamper


There is so much to do this time of year but you mustn't forget to look after yourself. In the lead up to Christmas I always ensure that I take an evening (usually the night of the 23rd.. oh hey that's tonight!)  to make sure my skin is soft, my pimples are minimised and my hair is prepped for the big day. 

In terms of taking care of my body, I start with a nice relaxing shower. Before I get in I exfoliate using the The Body Shop Coconut Exfoliant to make my skin feel like a baby's bottom. The formula of this exfoliator is great because it hydrates while getting rid of the dead skin so that you don't end up with your legs scratched to smithereens. When I get out of the shower I put a little Lucas’ Paw Paw Ointment on any dry areas (elbows, ankles, knees etc.) so that the tan doesn't stick. Then I spend quite a while applying the Bondi Sands Self-Tanning Foam in Light/Medium to ensure that it is as streak-free as possible and I will look like a tanned goddess rather than an oompa loompa - I usually end up somewhere in the middle. 

Sidetrack: The next morning after I wash off the tan, moisturisation is key, so I use the Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Body Milk at least twice a day to keep everything hydrated. 

Back to the pamper evening: While I'm in the shower I will apply a hair masque (if I have one in stock at the time, which at the moment I do not) and leave it in throughout the rest of the shower routine. Once out of the shower I will roughly towel dry my hair and then run through some Biosilk Silk Therapy with my fingers to make it soft and silky. I usually clip it back with a giant clip while I tan and just leave it to dry naturally, giving my hair a break from the harsh hair dryer for the day. 

On my face I will do the usual skincare routine then apply a mask. At the moment I am in the process of finishing up the Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask so that would be my choice. After the mask has done its thing, I remove it and lather on the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel to hydrate my face. 

In focusing on the lips, I use a lip scrub in the form of Lush Santa’s Lip Scrub and then use some more of the Lucas’ Paw Paw Ointment over the top. 

As finishing touches I apply some The Body Shop Shea Hand Cream because I constantly forget to moisturise my hands at any other time. Throughout the whole process I make sure to have set the mood with some candles, my favourite of which is the Mozi Fig and Rhubarb Candle. 

Take a break, treat yourself to some 'you' time or even force a visiting family member to join in on the fun. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig