Monday 21 December 2015

Day 9: Another 10 Great Christmas Songs


Last year I shared my Christmas Playlist, 10 of my favourite songs to listen to at this time of the year. Upon reflection, there are so many more songs that I could/should have included. That encouraged me to find 10 more songs for us all to add to our Spotify playlists for Christmas Day.

1. Jingle Bell Rock - Glee Cast 
Despite the fact that my baby sister gets REAL angry at me when I sing this song, she even goes as far as trudging away like a sad Charlie Brown, I love it. It's a boppy classic and it's even better if you learn the Mean Girls dance. 

2. Santa Baby - Kellie Pickler 
There's a little county twang in this version of the song that I enjoy immensely. It just makes it sound more fun in Pickler's beautiful voice rather than the - let's be real - often quite creepy versions. 

3. Little Drummer Boy - Justin Bieber 
Don't ask my why but I really enjoy Bieber's version of this song. It was played throughout shopping centres everywhere when he released his Christmas album a couple of years back and it has always stuck with me. 

4. Run Rouldoph Run - Chuck Berry 
This is a Primary School christmas concert classic. Every year some year level would have to sing it and it was always a roaring good time, even if the kids couldn't sing for their lives. 

5. Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley 
Bringing the mood down slightly, this Elvis classic is some smooth listening for those long December nights. 

6. Mele Kalikimaka - Bette Middler 
It's not the most common Christmas song but boy is it fun to sing. 

7. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Dean Martin 
Things us Australians quietly sing to ourselves as we sweat to death on a stinking hot December night #relatable

8. White Winter Hymnal - Pentatonix 
By far my favourite song off their smash-hit Christmas album last year, I've never actually heard of it before but it sounds gorgeous in their acapella style. 

9. The More You Give (The More You'll Have) - Michael Bublé
Smooth FM has been playing this non-stop for the month of December and I'm actually getting into it. Though I'm not always the biggest fan of new Christmas songs, BublĂ© can go no wrong and has once again knocked it out of the park. 

10. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney 
Paul McCartney may seem like a grumpy old man sometimes but he can perform a Christmas song that you want to click your fingers to in a Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air style dance. 

Happy listening! 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE festive music, so thank you so much for this blog post! I haven't heard or thought of even listening to some of these songs, so I'll be sure to add them to my festive Spotify playlist, in time for the festive period. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Issues amongst cricketers and Bollywood stars, make-ups and separations, companions turning enemies and slandering and considerably more. For all the zesty news from stimulation world look at amusement gateways and keep yourself overhauled.

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig