Thursday 24 December 2015

Day 12: Christmas Quiz


Merry Christmas Eve! This evening I'm going to get in the real festive mood by doing a Christmas questionnaire that I found online. I'll just answer the ten questions as best as I can and share some of my Christmas traditions, thoughts and memories with you in the process. 

1. What do you enjoy most about Christmas? 
As cheesy as it sounds, the thing I enjoy most about Christmas is getting to spend quality time with my family. Because my brothers are older and off living their own lives, it is good to have an excuse to trap them with us for 48 hours and hang out. All my family is just so fun and loving that any time we're together is a good time. 

2. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? 
We stay home for Christmas, spending Christmas morning at Mum's house and then travelling a whole 10 minutes to Dad's house after lunch. Our grandparents live quite a while away but we go up to see them before Christmas to celebrate and exchange gifts. 

3. What is your favourite holiday tradition? 
As a kid my favourite tradition used to be that we were allowed to open one present on Christmas Eve but as I've gotten older we gave that up to save everything for the big day. Now I'd say my favourite tradition is just our Christmas lunch, we always have the same roast and it's so delicious, well worth the 365 day wait. The food accompanied by the company makes it a tradition I never want to lose. 

4. Did you take pictures on Santa's lap? 
Haha only once. As a kid I was so frightened of Santa that I would have to sit about two metres away from him in a little sleigh or something for my pictures. Eventually when I was about 8 I manned up and sat on the big mans lap, I was incredibly uncomfortable with the whole thing. After that I never took one of those pictures again. 

5. When did you learn the truth about Santa? 
I don't really remember honestly. I think on some level I always had my suspicions but I'm sure the truth was confirmed to me by the TV at some point. 

6. What is your favourite Christmas movie? 
'SANTA, I KNOW HIM!', yep, my favourite Christmas movie is definitely Elf. It's such a fun and quotable film that I will watch over and over again every Christmas season. 

7. What is your favourite Christmas carol/song? 
I'm not terribly good at choosing favourite songs so this is a tough one for me. Today I would say that my favourite christmas song is Jingle Bell Rock but I'm sure tomorrow I would say something else. It depends on what I heard recently I guess. 

8. What is your favourite part of Christmas lunch? 
Potatoes. Followed closely by pumpkin - my brother and I have a long-standing tradition that I get his pumpkin so that I have extra. Then after that I really love this special butter my mum makes and melts over the beans and snow peas. I also really like the meat. Basically I love it all. 

9. What is your favourite Christmas dessert? 
Our only consistent Christmas dessert is the traditional pudding, which is not really my favourite. Ever since I was a kid I have always had a bowl of custard instead of the pudding and since custard is one of my favourite things on this planet, I'm going to have to say that my annual bowl of custard is my favourite Christmas dessert. 

10. Who do you spend Christmas with? 
It changes every year but the core group are my Mum, Nan, brothers Mitch and Tom (though Mitch is living overseas this year so he will not be there *sad face*), Dad, his wife Christina, my sister Sammy, my grandparents cousins Cheryl, John and Gloria and our neighbours Wynn and Khanh. Other than that, various girlfriends, boyfriends, great aunts and uncles, cousins and friends drift in and out on a yearly basis. 

Please feel free to answer this quiz yourself, either in the comments below or on your own blog. I would love to read what you have to say! 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig