Saturday 4 January 2014

Internet Favourites of 2013

The internet has been a growing presence in my life over the past couple of years, and this past year it has been greater than ever. I am trying to become more of an active addict, rather than a person who is addicted to stalking everyone else on the internet (not that I’m being creepy, I just thought people wouldn’t want to hear what I have to say). Here are some of my favourite things about and on the internet. 

Youtube 

Not to get too deep in a favourites post, but I have been struggling socially a bit this year. I have felt really alone and Youtube has really helped me through that. I’m not actually interacting with anyone, but the fact that it is a more personal medium than TV or movies gives me the illusion of inclusion. I feel as though the Youtubers are my replacement friends, even though it is incredibly one sided. I thought I would tell you about a few of my favourite Youtubers and why I like their videos. 

Zoella 

Zoe is probably my favourite Youtuber because of her video content and personality. Her videos are sometimes funny, sometimes girly, sometimes random and that is the way I like it. I really love watching beauty videos because I am so into makeup and beauty products myself, but I love it when the person puts some personality into it like Zoe does. I think variety within your medium is key, so I love it when she does follow-me-around vlogs as well. I really enjoy watching her Vlogmas and other vlogs as well because it shows her personality even more. I look up to her because she suffers from panic attacks but she doesn’t dwell on it in her videos and she seems to have a vibrant life, unlike some people who let things like that hold them back. Plus she is friends with the English Youtube crew and they are all just so hilarious, I can't help but like her. 


Tyler Oakley 

Tyler is like the King AND Queen of the internet, he seems to be friends with everyone and is slowly taking over in the best way possible. He is so naturally funny, yet when he hosts an event or something he can be really professional. Even though 90% of his videos are just him sitting in front of the camera, they are the first I watch when I see them in my subscription box. He is such an inspiration to all young people, not only gay and lesbian people, because he is always talking about acceptance and not caring about what other people think about you. His best ever videos are his ‘My Worst Hook-Up Ever’ video from June 2012 and his drunk challenges with Sawyer Hartman (a slightly sloshed Tyler is the best Tyler). 


Lohanthony 

Lohanthony is just so sassy, he says what he thinks and he means what he says. I like him mostly because he is my age and proves that it is not about how old you are, it is about how interesting you are as a person. This also goes for his production value, he doesn’t make his videos in front of a greenscreen with industrial lighting, it is more homegrown and goes back to Youtube’s roots. He talks about hating people and things all the time, but he seems to genuinely care about his followers and friends. 


Instagram 

Instagram has become really really popular in 2013 and I love it. Though I am not a very active user (I’m working on that), I love the idea and the way some people use it. It is like a photo album that can be updated instantly. Especially the people who have a whole theme behind their pages and they have matching colours and filters and stuff. I really want to work on having a more interesting Instagram in 2014. 

Scriptnotes 


This is not a typical obsession of a teenage girl, but one of the highlights of my week is the new Sciptnotes episode coming out. Scriptnotes is a podcast run by two successful screen writers John August (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Go, Charlie’s Angels) and Craig Mazin (Identity Thief, The Hangover 2 & 3) where they talk about the art of screen writing and the film industry. I really enjoy it because it combines my love of movies and the film industry with my love of writing. I learn a lot from listening to it and though I probably wont use a lot of it in real life, I apply my knowledge where possible. John and Craig are funny and polar opposites, which creates some tension at times. Sometimes I question why I watch so many humorous Youtube videos, but I never question listening to Scriptnotes because I know that under the entertainment there is actual useful information. 


Tomorrow will be my final 2013 favourites and it is my beauty favourites. Which is my favourite favourites post! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo

Follow me on Twitter please? I'm needy: @shanny_hudson

Since I'm planning on doing some more Instagramming, you can follow me on there too: @shanny_hudson
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig