Monday 27 January 2014

Grammys Style Review

As I'm sure you would gather by now, I really love award shows. Everything about them excites me, especially the fashion. The Grammys are a whole new level of awesome because people are willing to take risks and wear some insane outfits. This year after I watched the carpet  I was summarising it for my Mum and I found myself saying 'Beyonce didn't walk the carpet, Rihanna wasn't there, Bruno Mars didn't walk the carpet, Justin Timberlake wasn't there, Lorde didn't walk the carpet...' And I became progressively more disappointed as I realised that there wasn't really much going on, there was no outstanding fashion moments and no real horrible flops. That being said, there are always some better outfits than others. 

The Good 

Taylor Swift 



I love Taylor's chainmail inspired look, its preppy and shiny in Taylor's usual fashion but it has a certain edge to it. Taylor is so statuesque and gorgeous that she doesn't need to take any increadible risks to look beautiful and garner the attention of the masses. The chain mail mesh around her shoulders ads that little bit of sexyness without taking away any of the class and the belt around her waist ads shape to her figure. In the quick shots they showed of Taylor walking, you got a brief view of her shoes which were phenominal (if only I had the money to buy them....). 

Giuliana Rancic 


Though she was only a presenter and interviewer on the carpet, Giuliana really pulled out all the stops. The bright orange colour is gorgeous on her tan Italian skin tone and the halter-like neckline shows off her shoulders. Giuliana said that she was inspired to wear an Alex Perry (who is not a really high profile designer in the states) dress from Sandra Bullocks bright and pretty numbers of late. The lace overlay of the skirt and up around her torso added great dimension to the dress. 

Katy Perry 


Katy wins as my overall favourite of the evening, her dress is just a hint towards her old kitch style but in keeping with her more classy style of late. It's so princessy and intricate, with little bits of tuille wafting off here and there. Without the music note print and with some added lining, this could look like a wedding dress but that could not have been further from my mind in the moment. Up close her earrings and hair were enpoint as well. 

They Could Have Done Better

Zendaya 


This look just perplexes me. What was going through her mind when she decided to wear this monstrosity? To begin with the colours don't go together and the top and bottom halves look like totally seperate pieces. The see through top is just weird and the buttons down the front add a whole new level of insanity. Overall, this look was just overwhelming and bad. 

Pharrell 


This is the hat that took over the world, my whole twitter feed was full of comments on this offencive headware. This look would have been totally fine (if a bit underdressed) if it weren't for the crazy hat. He looked like a mounty that was trying to be a rapper but couldn't quite let go of his past. As one of the most high profile nominees he was always popping up on my television screen and even when he changed his outfit, the hat held strong. I commend him on his commitment but it was unnecessary. 

Kacey Musgraves 


Lets face it, Kacey looks like a country prostitute. Her actual red carpet dress was quite pretty and it was only this performance dress that was bad. There is no denying she has great legs and is very beautiful but this bedazzled pile of fabric, though fitting into her genre, didn't cut it. We saw some beautiful performance outfits from musics best and fairest and this was the worst of the bunch. 

I'll probably be doing another of these posts when the Oscars finally roll around, hopefully there will be some standout gowns that night. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo 

I live tweeted (part of) the Grammys, so if you want to check that out and hear about the rest of my life feel free to follow me on twitter: @shanny_hudson
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hi dear, you have a lovely blog and great post, do you want to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig