Tuesday 21 January 2014

Apocalips: Good or Bad?




I wanted to try out lip lacquers and what was better than the highly acclaimed Rimmel Apocalips? I was a bit sceptical before this purchase because I tend to question the validity of the reviews when EVERYONE has talked about them (usually hinting towards bloggers having gotten them for free). These really do what is advertised though, they're really pigmented and hang around on your lips all day. They are not overly sticky like a bad lipgloss but they don't dry out really fast and leave your lips uncomfortably clammy like some lip stains do. 


I purchased mine in two very bright shades: Stellar (Coral at the top) and Apocaliptic (Purple-toned pink at the bottom). Both are quite eye catching and very vibrant. 


The colour Stellar is coral and very good for the summer time. It just looked so beautiful in the packaging and when I swatched it onto my hand I had to have it, I even went to the effort of going to multiple shops until I found one that had this colour in stock. 


I really love the applicator with these lacquers, they're different in that they have a dough foot with a hole in the centre. The hole is great because it really collects the product and
makes for an easy and even application over the lips when applied to full coverage. 


This shade Apocaliptic is another fantastic colour, it is really bright and can work all year round. I find that these shades are much easier to wear if you just apply a little bit to the centre of your lips and blend out with your fingers, rather than going for the all over full coverage look. I will wear them full coverage when I want to make a real statement and jazz up an otherwise boring look, but for every day they are far more subtle when blended. 



The only downside to this product is that IT GETS EVERYWHERE. When I first put some after I purchased it, I was amazed that it didn't dry out quickly and make my lips really dry, but I soon looked at my hand and saw it covered in pink stickyness. My glass was much the same when I took a sip of my drink. You just have to be very careful if you are wearing these full coverage because they really do leave their mark on anything that goes anywhere near your face. This is another reason why I prefer to blend them out a little bit. 

I would be interested to try some of the more neutral shades and see how they go. Overall I'm going to have to say, despite the occasional smudge, the Apocalips really are good. 

Have you tried the Rimmel Apocalips? Tell me in the comments. 

Lots of Love,

Shannon xo

Follow me on twitter to keep up to date with me in 140 characters or less: @shanny_hudson

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig