Sunday 5 January 2014

Beauty Favourites of 2013

Now for my final post in my favourites series, my beauty favourites of 2013! 

Mascara 

Covergirl’s Clump Crusher is the best mascara I have ever used. It glides on smoothly and gives quite a natural, clump free look on the first application. It can be layered up to give a more dramatic, thick look. I used up a whole tube (is it a tube? what is a mascara thing called?) of this throughout the year and I decided to mix up my brands and buy something different. I had heard great things about the Maybelline Falsies mascara so I decided to give that a go, but I didn’t really like the fact that it was clumpy and I had a bit of an allergic reaction to the waterproof formula. After about three days I was back at the shops purchasing the Clump Crusher again because I couldn’t bare to use anything else.



Eyeliner 

I was always one to use a eyeliner pencil, but after I began watching beauty videos on Youtube I thought I should branch out a little bit. The first thing I purchased was a gel liner and that worked well for large dramatic lines but did not do thin lines or the water line well. I bought a Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner and that filled my needs perfectly. I can get an incredibly thin line or I can make it thicker if I feel inclined. There is not much to say about the grip of the pen, but that is not important to me. What’s more important is the fact that the eyeliner glides on smoothly and does not move throughout the day. I still use my eye pencil and gel liner, but this liquid liner is my go to product. 



Face Powder 

As I was standing in the isle perusing my options for a new face powder, I thought of Tanya Burr always raving over Rimmel’s Stay Matte Powder and I figured it couldn’t hurt to try it. As you can see by the picture below, I quite like it. I use it every day on my nose and chin where I tend to get a bit oily over the day and it definitely helps. I use the transparent powder so that it doesn’t affect the look of my makeup beneath it. Once I finish this lot I will have to purchase another. 



Lipstick 

Though I did not first discover these lipstick/lip balm concoctions in 2013, my collection and love for them grew over the year. The Revlon Lip Butters have been highly acclaimed all over, and I am jumping on the bandwagon because they deserve the praise. They are perfect for days when you don’t want sticky lips full of lipstick and lipgloss. I now have five different shades: Lollipop, Cupcake, Sugar Frosting, Strawberry Shortcake and Tutti Fruitti. 



Lip Balm 

Lucas’ Pawpaw Ointment is not just a lip balm, it has so many other uses as well. It is not even sold in the lip balm section of the shops, it is most commonly sold in the baby products section. Even though it is not specifically sold as a lip balm it is the best one I have ever used. It is really soft and makes your lips feel really nourished. It is a bonus that it can be used to heal scabs as well. 



Nail Polish 

O.P.I nail polish has been my go to this year. I love the way it dries quite quickly but I don’t love the cost. I have bought a few but the best is the really bright pink colour in the Minnie Mouse line. It is called a Definite Moust-Have and it is a definite moust-have for my summer nails. Wearing it makes me so happy because the almost red shade is so bright and fun. 



Dry Shampoo 

I never knew dry shampoo existed before last year, but once I discovered it I didn’t want to be without it again. I love having long hair but I can never be bothered washing it, I know I have to but all the washing and blow drying and straightening takes up so much time. I can push it to twice a week when I give my hair a spritz of the Batiste Dry Shampoo in between. It makes my hair feel fresh and gets rid of any grease for a day, only a day. The day after I use the dry shampoo I need to give it a proper wash because it begins to feel a bit yucky. I love the smell of the floral and fruity blush scent.



And that sums up my 2013 favourites, now I can move on to bigger and better things in 2014.

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo


Follow me on Twitter: @shanny_hudson
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig