Sunday 2 August 2015

Monthly Roundup - July



The Birthday Month 
Everyone seems to have a month that is just chock-a-block full of birthdays, for myself and my family that month is July. In fact, it get’s so hectic that between the week of the 13th to the 20th I know AT LEAST two people born everyday. Thank god I don’t know them all well enough to buy gifts or I’d totally be broke right now. One of the highlights was my Mum’s birthday, which we celebrated by having a girly night at the Gold Class Cinemas, watching Antman and eating Churros. My little sister also turned three this month but as she’s overseas with my Dad and Stepmom at the moment I am yet to celebrate that one, it’s probably for the best actually as now the festivities can extend even longer. 

A Perfect Weekend
I have found my favourite combination of things to do on a weekend. It all started on Friday night, I was home alone snuggled up on the couch watching the week’s worth of Neighbours and a couple of movies. Yes, there was also chocolate and popcorn consumed. Then Saturday Mum and I went and did a spot of shopping, we picked up a few bargains including a beautiful outfit for me to wear to my cousins upcoming wedding. After the morning’s shopping I went to the cinemas to see Papertowns with some friends and out to another friends house for dinner. On the Sunday, we took a drive up to see my Grandparents which is always nice, plus it got me some of those much needed learner driving hours. It was a simple weekend full of leisurely activities and good people, just how I like my days off. 

Movie Goals 
After watching Tom Fletcher’s Vlog about how he and Gi are going to pick a director and watch their entire filmography, I’ve decided to take on the idea myself. I really love films but I often think about how there is some large gaps in what I have seen, somehow many classics have slipped under my nose. Instead of just picking one director, I’m starting with three so that I can focus on the first but mark off any of the other two if I happen to see them along the way. The first three I’m starting with are Stephen Spielberg (bringing out the big guns early), Robert Zumekis and Wes Anderson. They’re very different film makers but I’m excited to gain a deeper knowledge into everything they have made. 

5 Songs I Love This Month
1. Radio - Santigold
2. Taxi Cab - Vampire Weekend
3. She’s Kinda Hot - 5 Seconds of Summer (a guilty pleasure but oh so catchy)
4. Get Stupid - Aston Merrygold 
5. Are You With Me - Lost Frequencies 

Top 5 Things That Happened This Month
1. Shoutout to both my Dad and my Brother’s girlfriend for starting their own blogs, I’m glad it’s catching on.
2. I got all my exam results back and it was happy faces all round. 
3. We spent the first weekend of the month away at Fairhaven, check out a dedicated post HERE.
4. I went to a football game with my friends for the first time in YEARS and though my team lost it was still a great night, 
5. The giveaway is ready! I’m so excited that I got such a great array of items together for my 500 follower giveaway so make sure you click HERE to go and enter. Don’t miss out! 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Aww too cute! Love the photos :3

    Ana ♥
    http://aruivablog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig