Friday 7 August 2015

Beauty Interview with Beauty and the Brunette


This month I'm interviewing Becki from Beauty and the Brunette (aka. the most visually appealing blog I have ever stumbled across). Becki runs one of my favourite blogs for interesting product reviews and her selfie game is obviously strong, what more could you want! Let's see what she has to say...

1. What is the first piece of makeup you remember owning?
I think it was a Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in a bright red shade! I don't think they make the shade any more but I absolutely loved it. I've always been a fan of a red lip even from such a young age. Of course, I remember buying a blue eyeshadow at a similar time and wearing the two together whenever I went to any parties... Not the most flattering makeup look! 

2. What is the number one beauty product on your wishlist at the moment? 
NARS Sheer Glow! I've heard so many things about it for years and years now and I don't think I'm going to be able to resist any longer. Im desperate to try anything from Charlotte Tilbury too! 

3. How many different foundations do you own and which is your favourite?
That's tricky! I think I currently own between 8-10, including BB Creams and Tinted Moisturisers. My all time favourite is definitely the Original bareMinerals foundation - I panic if I run out of it - but I'm loving their Complexion Rescue lately for the warmer, summer days. 

4. What is the type of beauty product you hoard the most? 
Definitely lipstick. I have such a huge collection and I shamefully don't even wear lipstick that often! 

5. How many steps do you have in your morning skincare routine? How about your evening skincare routine? 
My morning skincare routine consists of 4 simple steps! Cleanse, Tone (if I'm not being lazy!), Moisturise and then I apply an Eye Cream. Right now I'm currently using ESPA's Optimal Skin ProCleanser, ESPA's Balancing Herbal Spritzer, La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo + and then bareMinerals Firming Eye Treatment. 

For the evening, my routine usually has 5 steps! I always use my Simple Wipes to remove my makeup and then the next step varies with how my skin is feeling (and how lazy I'm being!) Sometimes I simply splash my face with water, others I might cleanse or exfoliate but if my skin feels like it needs a little help I apply a mask! Afterwards I reapply my bareMinerals Firming Eye Treatment and then before I go to bed I add three drops of Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate to my skin and apply a lip balm! 

Now onto a few quick this-or-that questions:

1. MAC or Nars? MAC. I absolutely love Nars but I've only ever tried two products from the brand! 
2. Rimmel or Revlon? Revlon. I love both but Revlon are amazing for foundations and lipsticks! 
3. Mascara or Concealer? Mascara
4. Skincare or Haircare? Skincare. I'm so lazy with my hair!
5. Purifying mask or hydrating mask? Purifying! 
6. High end or Drugstore? High End. I love having a few special things rather than a lot of makeup! But for everyday necessities if I can find a good drugstore product I'd definitely pick that up over a more expensive product! 
7. Blog or Vlog? Blog!
8. Hair up or hair down? Hair down. 
9. Red or Pink Lipstick? Red!
10. Highlight or Contour? This is so difficult! Probably contour, because I can always just use a shimmery blush instead! 

Thank you so much to Becki for participating in my little interview, make sure to head over to her Twitter and tell her how much you enjoyed it. Also, give her blog a thorough read, duh! 


Lots of Love, 

Shannon
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I like the way Beauty and the Brunette thinks, I'm definitely going to check out her blog
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig