Wednesday 19 February 2014

Birthday Beauty Haul


It was my birthday last week and, as usual, I got a fantastic haul of gifts. For this post I have decided to narrow it down to my beauty buys. Most of these were bought with my Priceline (for those of you who don't know, Priceline is basically the Boots of Australia) gift card, though there were a couple of exceptions I'll explain below. I have had all of these products a few days now, so I've tested them all out and am ready to give you a mini review of each! 


My old concealer that I didn't like very much is finally running out so I'm trying something different. This Maybelline Fit Me concealer is streets better. It is really creamy so it smooths over my skin nicely and doesn't crease under my eyes. The thing I need my concealer to do the most is cover up my Rouldoph nose. My nose gets really red, progressivly more so throughout the day, and I want something that I can smear all over it without looking cakey. This is my answer. Though my old Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour concealer had higher coverage, this works more effectivly because there is no caking or creasing to draw attention to my imperfections. (By the way it is a lot lighter than it comes up in the swatch below). 


This one I did not choose myself, it was in fact a proper gift, but it is amazing. Before I unwrapped this I did not even know GAP made perfumes, but this was a happy surprise. It smells so different to anything else I own, it is a very fresh scent. Most of my perfumes would fall under the category 'floral' but this one doesn't. I have no idea how to explain it in words, so I think you may need to track it down and give it a sniff yourself. And as an added bonus, the flourescent packaging makes me so happy when I pick it up in the morning, it certainly earned the name 'Bright'. 


As a sucker for anything a good blogger recommends, I felt a compulsive need to pick up this Maybelline Color Tatoo in Bad to the Bronze thanks to EssieButton. She wasn't lying when she praised this either, it really is good. I've never tried a cream eyeshadow before, but they're really cool. It was nice and easy to blend and it didn't crease on my eyelid. I've worn it twice now, once on it's own and once with some smokier browns over the top, both were pretty successful if I do say so myself. This is not something I would wear to school, it is more of a going out deep bronze colour, but it will be a weekend staple of mine in no time I'm sure. 


Mhmm another Revlon Lip Butter, I just can't control myself. I actually wanted to try a Maybelline Colour Whisper, but they were all out of stock so I had to revert back to my old favourite. This time I mixed it up a bit and went for a red rather than a pink and I really like it. I'm not usually into red lipstick, but this is shear enough to work. As usual it is really comfortable on the lips and does not leave them feeling gritty when it wears off. Candy Apple is going straight for the handbag. 


Can we just take a moment to appreciate my first real high end beauty product? The only way I can describe my love for it is comparing it to a mother and their child. It is beautiful. Though I may sound like a bit of a crack pot, this really is a great lipstick. It is that perfect, kind of natural but kind of 'Oh she's wearing lipstick' colour on my lips and the packaging is devine. I bought this with a Chanel Beauty and Fragrance gift card that I was given by some amazing people who know just where my love lies. I almost love this too much to wear it. Almost. 


Just two weeks after complaining she couldn't buy Essie nail polishes in Australia, she finds a whole rack of Essie nail polishes in Australia. I feel like a bit of an idiot, but I swear that rack is new. They didn't have all of their range. They mostly had heaps of shades of pink but as I was weighing up which shade of baby pink I would buy (because I couldn't walk away without anything), two little shades in the corner caught my eyes. There was this brilliant bright burnt orange colour and an emerald green. I was tossing up between the two but in the end Saturday Disco Fever won my heart. I'm wearing it right now and I got plenty of compliments at school today. 


As I said in a previous post, I'm delving into the world of primers. I'm not really sure what drew me to this particular one, but I went straight for the Bourjois section when I entered the store. There were two options to choose from, matte and illuminating. As a first try I wanted to go with the more simple option of the two, so I chose the matte primer. I wasn't really sure whether it was making a difference until today when I forgot to put it on. When I looked at myself in the mirror at lunch time, there was far more product gone than the past few days. I don't know if this is the best primer out there, but I am going to stick with it for now. 


Well that sums up all of my birthday beauty gifts and mini reviews. I'm really enjoying testing out these new products and already can't wait to find some more to review. 

Lots of Love, 

Shannon xo

If you want to follow me on Twitter CLICK HERE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lots of Love, Shannon. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig